A fire loss can result in complex damages because of the unique behavior of smoke. A trained professional should survey the loss site to determine the?extent to which fire, smoke, heat, and moisture impacted building materials and contents.
Absolute Services has experienced fire restoration professionals that know where smoke can penetrate within cavities of the structure, causing hidden damage and hidden odors. Their ?knowledge of building systems helps them investigate how far smoke damage may have spread.
Fire & Smoke Damage Remediation
Some things you may not know about smoke:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, using holes around pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Types of Smoke – ?Once at a fire, Absolute Services will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred.
Cleaning procedures will be based on the information identified during pretesting.
Types of soot include:
- Wet Smoke Residues – Result from smoldering fires with low heat. Residues are sticky, smeary and with pungent odors. Smoke webs can be difficult to clean.
- Dry Smoke Residues – Result from fast burning fires at high temperatures. Residues are often dry, powdery, small, non- smeary smoke particles.
- Protein Residues – Virtually invisible residues that discolor paint and varnishes. Extreme pungent odor.
- Fuel Oil Soot – Furnace puff backs distribute fuel oil soot.
- Other Types of Residues – Tear gas, fingerprint powder, and fire extinguisher residues also need cleanup
Inspection and Pretesting ?Absolute Services will pretest while inspecting the property to determine the damages and the scope of needed cleaning, restoration, and repairs.
The full extent of the damage. ?How many materials are affected by smoke or fire? What is the proper method for cleaning? Will your personal belongings need to be relocated while your house is restored? These are just a few of the decisions that must be made.
Unaffected areas. It can be vital to protect areas that were not affected by soot and odor before the damage spreads to these areas. It will save you money!?What materials can be restored and what materials must be replaced. Are the smoke residues cleanable? Who is completing the inventory of items that are damaged beyond repair? Pretesting is vital. A complete inventory is invaluable! How long will the cleanup take?
Absolute Services will let you know what to expect.
Home Restoration Scottville MI
Absolute Services uses the most effective cleaning methods. Absolute Services knows what work procedures will restore the damaged materials. Let Absolute Services help you through all these questions and procedures to save your personal belongings.
Absolute Services offers many cleanup options for your fire & smoke damage.
- Content Cleaning
- Wall washing
- Soot Clean up
- Structure cleaning
- Soda blasting
Water Removal – Dry-out Services – Water Damage Cleanup
Our goal is to respond to any emergency within 1 hour from the time we receive the call. Whether it’s a simple board up or large commercial loss, Absolute Services has the equipment and expertise necessary to do the job, and do it right. We will secure the property, prevent any further damage where possible, and help our customers through the restoration process. We have a full service construction department that can fully restore your property. We have expertise in restoring residential and commercial structures after a partial or total loss.
24 hour emergency service
Certified Technicians- Our team is fully trained and certified by the IICRC in Water Restoration. Technicians are able to answer any of your questions about the water damage repair process.
You never know when storm water or a broken pipe can suddenly flood your home or basement with water or sewage. Fortunately, Absolute Services offers 24-hour emergency water extraction services to remove the unwanted water and contaminants as quickly as possible and minimize the damage.
Water Damage Services – Absolute Services
- Flooded Basement Damage
- Storm Damage Clean-up
- Mold Removal
- Leaking roof
- Ice Dam
- Sewer backup & sewer water damage
- Water removal or extraction
- Water Damage to furniture & contents
- Dry-out Services
If you find yourself in the middle of a water emergency, Absolute Services suggests the following:
- Try to stop the water flow
24 hour emergency service
- ?Towel-dry wood furniture
- Relocate all moveable items to a dry place
- Place wood blocks under furniture
- Pin up draperies and upholstery skirts
- Do Not go near contaminated (sewer) water
- Do Not use electrical appliances and outlets in wet areas
- Do Not use your household vacuum to extract water
- Do Not place wet items on any absorbent surface
- Do Not turn on your heating and/or air conditioning system if you think water may have entered the ducts
- Do Not enter rooms if the ceiling is wet and sagging
- Do Not leave absorbent materials like boxes, papers or pillows in the wet area
- Do Not let children or the elderly enter the affected areas
24 hour emergency service 855-wedryit
When your home suffers damage in a fire or flood, the last thing you need is to feel alone in the process of cleaning and restoring your home to a safe and livable condition. That’s why you need the services of an experienced team of cleanup specialists who understand the finer points of fire restoration and water damage repair in Scottville, MI. Since 2001, for numerous Michigan residents and disaster victims across the country, that team has been Absolute Restoration Services. Our commitment to providing outstanding 24-hour emergency service and prompt response within an hour of your call makes us the dependable company you can rely on when your home and your family’s lives are in disarray.
A fire is a unique and unpredictable form of disaster. Not only can your home and possessions experience damage due to the activity of flames, but they can also be affected by smoke, heat and even the presence of moisture during the process of extinguishing the fire. Not surprisingly, evaluating fire damage is a complex process, and determining the proper course of action for fire restoration in Scottville, MI requires significant testing and analysis. Absolute Restoration Services will inspect your home to determine the full extent of the damage, as well as protect parts of your home that were unaffected by the fire to ensure they aren’t contaminated during the cleanup process. Finally, we’ll use the most effective methods available to restore your damaged possessions and your home itself to a safe and clean condition.
Our processes with water damage repair in Scottville, MI are just as thorough, and our services are available for all kinds of water disasters, ranging from flooded basements and leaking roofs to storm damage, sewer backup and floods. Using powerful water extraction equipment, we’ll remove excess water from your home quickly and to the fullest extent possible in order to minimize the amount of damage done to the structural integrity of your home, as well as your possessions. In addition, we’ll work to eliminate the likelihood of mold growth and complete the necessary repairs to ensure your home is structurally sound and less susceptible to water damage in the future.
Handling the process of securing, cleaning and restoring your home after a fire or flood is a job for experienced professionals, and in Michigan, there’s no team more qualified than Absolute Restoration Services. Call us at 231-690-0217 to learn more about how we can help you with water damage repair or fire restoration in Scottville, MI, or for the service you need in an emergency. We’re available 24 hours a day and ready to help you.