When we handle water damage repair in Scottville, MI, most jobs we perform are due to roof punctures or failures during active weather. When this occurs, it is possible to arrange for a winter roof repair or replacement, but that is not always recommended, and weather can delay the work further. If you want more peace of mind this season, the best course of action is to arrange for a roof replacement before the cold temperatures hit—especially if your roof is due for that work anyway. Here are five reasons why you ought to make this investment:
- Safety: Winter is all about the elements. Snow, wind, tree branches large and small and heavy rain will all assault the surface that protects you from the wild weather outside. Older roofs deteriorate under all this pressure and one day, they will just not withstand it anymore. Water damage is not the only danger here—if you or a household member is in the wrong place at the wrong time, someone could sustain injuries, as well. Replace your roof and avoid these scenarios later.
- Peace of mind: Do you really want to spend your holidays wondering if your roof will collapse amidst the merriment? Decaying roofs always present this possibility, and a disaster is not the winter memory most people seek. If every creak and clunk makes you wonder if water dripping is next, eliminate the stress with a new roof. That way, when you hear the wind blowing as you fall asleep or see the next forecast for heavy snowfall, you will know your new roof is ready.
- Energy efficiency: New roofing materials do more than shield you from the great outdoors. They also offer energy efficiency functions that will help keep heat within your home. Less heat escaping means less pressure on your furnace, and that will help make your utility bills lower this year.
- Enhanced home value: If your home has been on the market for a while and still has not sold, you are in the unenviable position of maintaining that listing through the slowest real estate period of the year. One way to give your home an advantage is to replace your roof. Even with a decreased flow of potential buyers touring your home, you increase the chances of one of them deciding your home is the one for them.
- Warranties and maintenance: New roofs are also covered by warranties and maintenance plans. If you lose shingles, develop a weak spot or experience a catastrophic failure of some sort, there is frequently a warranty or maintenance plan that will kick in and solve the issues. When bad things happen to older roofs, on the other hand, you will find yourself hoping your homeowners insurance will pay the claim, which adds another uncertainty during a busy time of year.
For restoration services and water damage repair in Scottville, MI, contact Absolute Restoration Services. We offer a one-hour response time for the worst disasters and can help you move forward as soon as possible.