Remodeling your home has its benefits—great benefits, actually! From gaining more livable space and raising the home’s overall value to giving it a fresh new look and improving your health, home remodeling projects in Scottville, MI are something to seriously consider. While not an undertaking for everyone, you can instead bring in a pro to see if your home can benefit from a remodel. Think of it as an investment in your family’s future! Take a look at some of the best ones:
- Finishing or refinishing your basement: If your basement is currently a relegated space that’s home to only a washer, dryer and a furnace or just used for storage, it might be time to give this space a chance. Turn it into a play area for the kids, an entertainment space for the whole family or a functional area that caters to your hobbies. Whatever your basement becomes, it will far and away succeed in bolstering the value of your home and creating a better quality of life.
- Kitchen renovations: The kitchen is a frequently used room of the home, so why not make it how you want it? To create more space in the kitchen, you should consider removing walls or relocating that clunky island counter. The benefit will be more kitchen space and room to comfortably cook in. You can also benefit from adding build-in cabinets for more usable storage space, and remodeling should include replacing potential unsafe, outdated kitchen appliances.
- Finished garage: Many garages are simply there for parking your car, but did you know you can turn it into a great outside-of-the-home space for something like a workshop, a crafting spot or even a classic car showroom? To fully benefit from making the garage a functional room, the walls and ceilings require insulation, walls need drywall and usually panels and, for all material types, the floors need finishing.
- Bathroom renovations: The bathrooms are high traffic areas commonly susceptible to water and moisture damage. If the floors have been destroyed by water, replace it with an adequate bathroom flooring material. Stay healthy by checking top to bottom for mold; consider thoroughly cleaning walls that tend to grow mold to repaint. Leaky bathroom fixtures responsible for floor damage should also be replaced, which gives you the opportunity to put in water efficient sinks, toilets and showers—this will save you money and frustration down the road.
- Home siding replacement: Siding is on the outside of the house. It protects the home’s walls from the changing weather and creates insulation for year-round temperatures. In addition, some are low maintenance, termite resistant or nonflammable. Replacing with a quality siding can be expensive, but it will increase your home’s resale value while being aesthetically pleasing.
Some home remodeling projects may require certain permits before you or a hire begins working. Permits vary county to county, but a professional, licensed contractor can easily look this up. To be sure your home projects are done properly, find a local experienced general contractor and cleanup specialist for home remodeling in Scottville, MI.