After the death of a loved one, his or her home may remain empty until the dependent wants to sell the house. However, if that house was abandoned in the meantime, it may have suffered damages from lack of maintenance and may need to be cleaned. Here are some services regarding home restoration in Mason County and how they can help to make a home market-ready, even if it was left in bad shape:
- Water damage restoration: Let’s say a leak in the plumbing occurred and part of the house was flooded. First, an inspector will determine what type of water damage occurred and what areas were affected when the damage was done.
With the pumps and vacuums professionals in home restoration in Mason County use, hundreds of gallons and water can be removed as soon as possible to prevent further damage or mold buildup. In areas where the moisture is harder to access, professionals will use air movers and dehumidifiers.
Then the professionals will do their best to clean restorable items, sanitize them and remove odors around the areas affected with air scrubbers and fogging equipment. To finish the process, they will help to replace drywall panels or even rebuild parts of the home, depending on how bad the water damage was.
- Mold remediation: If moisture or water remains in the house for too long, mold will buildup in the house. Professionals in home restoration in Mason County will inspect the property for visible mold as well as use technology to detect mold and hidden water sources. They will then proceed with decontamination, either by providing a physical barrier or using negative air pressure to prevent mold spores from spreading.
They will also use HEPA vacuums or air scrubbers to clean the air of mold spores. To prevent mold from reappearing, they will use antifungal treatments as well as clean, sanitize and dispose of personal belongings if needed. Fogging equipment will be used to remove the odor of the mold.
Professionals will also help replace drywall or carpet or rebuild areas of the house depending on the damage done.
Even if a house is in perfect condition when ready to sell, it’s never a bad idea to clean it. Home restoration in Mason County can provide these services to prepare the house:
- Carpet and upholstery cleaning: Professional cleaners will pick up the dirt you see but also what you don’t see. A clean will help brighten and freshen the room.
- Cleaning of ceilings, walls and floors: A cleaning will help restore the walls and ceiling without the need to repaint or refinish them.
- Air duct cleaning: This is often forgotten, but shouldn’t be. It can increase the home’s heating and cooling efficiency and improve the quality of air.
- Odor removal: This includes deodorizing the home after removing the odor.
- Sewage and biohazard clean up: Not only does this problem cause a smell, it also release harmful microorganisms into the environment. Professionals will remove the sewage, contaminates and moisture.
To have these services done, visit Absolute Services of Metro Detroit.